Sunday, September 4

A small milestone

Well, I’ve made it. I’ve survived my first month in Incredible India. And I keep thinking, although the last 4 weeks have gone so fast, I still have another 14 to go! Everything so far has been incredible. Although there are many things about India which get on my nerves, you have to learn to accept them, or there’s no way you can survive in this country. 
I am having a ball teaching. I’m starting to feel my little day care kids, are my own children. They all have very different personalities, and although they can be a real handful, I wouldn’t trade them to teach anyone else. The orphanage boys on the other hand, they’re not as easy to love. They are extremely cheeky, and can be real pains in the ass most of the time. There are a few exceptions in the group who are very charming little boys, but as a whole, they’re a challenge.
The past week, has been a reasonably quiet one. Except for the numerous festivals which never fail to keep me awake at night and dazzle me with their beautiful lights and decorations. We went out to lunch at Savage Garden one day, said farewell to 3 volunteers and had a goodbye dinner for them, went for a trip way up high to Monsoon Palace, enjoyed a traditional dance and puppet show, and topped it all off with an animal themed party… just because we could. Oh and of course there was lots more shopping as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The baby monkey and his momma are adorable!!

SHANMAN said...

rgragrahgahg i love you and this blog! i miss you so much and am glad to see how much fun you're having! so jealous. xxxxxx

Ana said...

Love the monkeys picture! And congrats on 1 month! I'm sure it'll be over before you realize, so enjoy your time there :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...