Friday, December 16

Mumbai and home

The final stop on our big adventure was Mumbai! I only had one day there so unfortunately I didn't see much (and I wasn't in much of a mood to sightsee with all my excitement about leaving the next day). We went to the famous Leopold's (from Shantaram) which unfortunately has been done up and is no longer the dingy old pub hangout it once was. We also saw the Gateway of India and did a bout tour of the harbour. By Thursday night I was so excited I couldn't sit still during dinner. And I found it nearly impossible to get to sleep that night. At 6 the next morning I got in my last Indian taxi and headed out to Mumbai International Airport. I was so nervous and excited the whole way home - and of course I cried like a baby at the airport. It was so bizarre seeing mum, dad, Will and Jamie all standing there. I felt like I was having an out of body experience or was dreaming. I have honestly never been happier in my life than at that moment. 
 
    

1 comment:

Ana said...

I'm glad you had a good experience in India! But I'm sure there's no place like home! :)

xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...