Friday, May 27

A big weekend

(Very creative title, I know.) This weekend is going to be a big(ish) one. My mum and I share the same birthday, the 30th of May. Sometimes it's annoying because I don't get my own 'special day' to myself. But I've come to realise that it is a blessing, because it's a special day we can share and appreciate together. 
Our first birthday together (with dad)

Last year was a big birthday for me, turning 18 (in Australia 18 is a big deal because it is our 'legal' age, unlike 21 in America) and this year it's mum's turn, as she is the big 50! So I'm really looking forward to this weekend:
Friday night we have a dinner with all the family
Saturday night mum is having a 50th with all her friends
Sunday night I'm having friends over to celebrate
And Monday is our actually birthday, which no doubt will be full of yummy brunches, lunches and dinners. 
Oh, and I have to work during the day on Saturday and Sunday....greeeaaat!

I will do a post full of photos on Tuesday or Wednesday. Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Gentri said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! :D And to your mom. :)

christine donee said...

happy early birthday to you both! How wonderful!

A Lost Feather said...

aw, happy birthday to you lovely ladies! that is so sweet that you two share a birthday! and yeah i think most americans are jealous of your legal drinking age hehe.. i know i was at the time!

Sienna said...

happy birthday lovelys!

LCR said...

have a really happy birthday and great long weekend:)
xo
L

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a happy 19th birthday!!! :o) So sweet that you and your momma get to share the day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...